Monday 28 May 2012

The Art House Co-op Mystery Project.

I miss my Art House Co-op Sketchbook...

It's currently in Los Angeles touring with the rest of the Sketchbook Project 2012 World Tour and I miss it.  Not the having it particularly, but the doing it...so when I saw that Art House Co-op were recruiting for a little mini project I just couldn't resist.


This is what they sent me with instructions to create something
and install it in a public place for a stranger to discover.
It's a light blue Prismacolor Pen (which I'm now a little bit smitten by) and a card saying:

"Help! Robots are taking over the 
local elementary school"




So here's what I drew...
 






This is Abek
The gauge on his chest indicates how interested he is in your conversation...he wishes it didn't.

















This is Binak
He thinks he can dance like a human.









 







This is Modran
He likes to amuse people by rolling slowly sideways on his foot-tracks whilst pretending not to notice.
















This is Phara
Her glass head casing steams up when she gets angry.







 







This is Bosk
He wishes he had a separate head component like the other robots.













and here's where I left them...


About half a mile down the road I paused and glanced back over my shoulder before I turned up the road which leads to my house.  Under my robots' tree stood a woman, shopping bags in hand, gazing upward, and I realised at that moment that Abek, Binak, Modran, Phara and Bosk are probably not the last robots I'll be leaving for strangers to find.





No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what shall we talk about?

Previous Posts